Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question to see the answer.
Prints & Hi-Res passes
- What is Explore?
- Is Explore a showcase for the top Flickr photographers?
- What is Interestingness?
- Does Flickr really have a patent on Interestingness?
- Does the Interestingness algorithm ever change? Why?
- What is Scout?
- How does Scout work?
- Why aren't my new photos getting into Explore?
- Why does Scout say my photo isn't in Explore but people have commented that they saw it there?
- Why is the ranking changing for days in the past? Aren't the Explore rankings frozen each day?
- But my photo didn't have any activity. Why did the ranking change?
- Why is my highest ranked photo not in Explore while my second highest ranked photo is in Explore?
- How can a photo in Explore go from #1 to dropping completely off the list?
- But isn't it just completely random?
- Why do my photos bounce in and out of Explore?
- Why does Scout say my photo dropped?
- Why doesn't Scout list all of my Explore photos when I click "Include dropped"?
- Why is Scout showing an incorrect ranking for my photo?
- I know my photo was in Explore but it's not in Scout. Why?
- Scout says my photo isn't in Explore but it actually is in Explore. What gives?
- Why are some of my photos not available and showing blank thumbnails?
- Why are some of my Explore photos appearing twice?
- Why does Scout show a ranking for my recently dropped photos?
- Why do DNA and Scout show different photos?
- How can I find the highest ranking a photo has ever achieved?
- Why are really old photos in Explore?
- How far back does Scout look?
- Why are some of my photos with more views and faves less interesting than some of my other photos with fewer views and faves?
- Is it true that adding my photo to many groups will reduce its Interestingness?
- Is it true that putting a photo in comment/faving/scoring groups no longer helps that photo get into Explore?
- Why does my photo show in Explore on a different day than when I uploaded it?
- Is there any way to remove my photos from Explore?
- I'm really [insert emotion here] about Explore. Can you help?